Alright, so to make up for my not so happy post earlier today, I’m going to make a short list of the things in my life right now that I am so thankful for.
- My dog. He’s 13 years old, and I know I won’t have him in my life much longer. I show him how much I love him every day, and he does the same for me.
- My younger siblings. I wouldn’t know what to do without them. I love them with all of my heart.
- Books. Without them, the world would be a very boring place.
- My best friend, Kayla. She has been my friend for several years now, and has never left my side. Through the good and the bad, she’s always been there to catch me when I fall. She knows exactly what to say when I need advice, and she knows when to call me out when I’m doing something reckless/stupid. I’ve already lost a best friend this year, if I lost her, my life would fall apart.
- Amazon.com. Because of them, I can get the yoga mat and other books that I’ve been wanting. Materialistic? I don’t care! It makes me happy.
I think everyone should take a second out of their lives, at least once a week or even once a month, to sit down and really think about what they have. Not shoes, clothes, and electronics. Nothing like that. Really think about the small things in your life that make it that much better. Make a list and keep it hung up in your bathroom, or on the refrigerator. Somewhere that you can see it every day and realize that you really don’t have it bad at all. As long as you have those things in your life, then you’ve got it pretty damn good.